Sunday, September 11, 2011

Vision Improvement III

--February 11, 2011
I have been reading in the Better Eyesight magazines and have been realizing that my shifting is far too slow. There was a shifting game that Dr. Bates described that I have been using over the last few days that has been working really well for me. What Dr. Bates has you do is palm for a few minutes and then look at a point on the snellen card, for me, I look at the top middle point of the big C. Then you shift quickly to a point on the bottom of the card and back up to your original point. If done correctly this should take one second or less. Then you go back to palming again for a few minutes and the process is repeated. When shifting you need to make sure that the shift is big enough that the eye "lets go" of the first point, so someone with really blurry vision, like me, will need to do a bigger shift than someone who has pretty good vision. I will usually feel it out, and if my vision is improving really good I know I'm on the right track. I practiced this today for about twenty minutes and got wonderful results. I went from 6/200 to 6/50 vision. The other day when I practiced I improved to 6/40 vision. I also wanted to add that I feel a little frustrated because I closed my Better Eyesight book without marking where this shifting game was, so if I find it again I will reference the article.

--March 12, 2011
I have begun to realize how important the universal swing is, and how important it is to watch things moving in the opposite direction all day long. Dr. Bates said in Perfect Sight Without Glasses that someone can practice shifting without improving their vision. Shifting is physical, swinging is mental, and since the vision is 90% mental the swing will improve the vision far more than shifting. When I look back on my vision improvement the time I improved my vision the fastest was when I would practice the universal swing all day long.

--September 4, 2011
I have finally figured out why some people's vision improves quickly and some people's vision improves slowly. It all has to do with the subconscious mind. The more tapes or beliefs that the subconscious mind has about putting an effort into vision improvement the slower their vision will improve. A tape is a belief that the subconscious mind plays over and over, like a broken record. Some people can have so many tapes running in the subconscious mind that they can spend years practicing the Bates method and never have any permanent improvement. If the conscious mind has a belief that vision improvement should be effortless and the subconscious mind has a belief that vision improvement should have effort then the person's vision is not going to improve because the subconscious mind will override the conscious mind. The subconscious mind will sabotage any type of permanent vision improvement. A good example of this is the movie Inception. In the movie Inception, Dom Cobb is trying to get information out of people's minds, but he keeps failing because his subconscious, represented by his wife Mal, keeps sabotaging his progress. He has a belief or a tape running in the mind that his wife should not have died and this belief continues to haunt him and sabotage his current work. It isn't until the end of the movie that he finally lets go of this belief and the cycle stops. Sometimes film writers and directors know the truth and hide it in movies.

With that thought in mind, there are two ways that we can remove tapes from the subconscious mind for vision improvement. The first one is we can gradually remove the tapes over time. This is done simply by having someone practice the Bates method. The tapes of effort are gradually removed and the vision gradually improves. This is how most people are going to improve their vision. Some people can have absolutely no tapes running in the subconscious and these people are the rare cases who improve quickly and easily. My brother-in-law was one of these people. I spent five minutes with him one time teaching him centrailization and in two weeks he had permanently improved his vision by .5 diopters. His mind was so unattached to his vision improving that his vision improved quickly and easily. Attachment is resistance. Resistance is effort. The people who have the hardest time improving their vision are the people who care the most. The mind cares so much about perfect vision that it smothers or destroys the natural process.

The second way we can remove tapes is to do it instantaneously by allowing the subconscious mind to throw a fit. By allowing the subconscious to fully experience the repressed belief or tape the tape becomes erased. Erasing tapes does not improve the vision but what it does is it gives the mind space. The subconscious mind is no longer playing the tape over and over of "I need to work to improve my vision" and this gives us the space we need to get permanent improvement. The conscious mind and the subconscious mind are now working together. This is what happened to me back in November of 2009, but I did it on accident at the time, and it took me two years to figure out what had happened. I allowed the subconscious to throw a fit and fully experience the blur and then one day the tape instantly stopped playing. The tape in my situation was, "I can't enjoy my vision until it's perfect." And that was a lie. That was a false belief that my subconscious mind was playing over and over. You can tell if someone has tapes running in their subconscious because they will talk about improving their vision (the conscious mind at work), but will avoid practicing or make up excuses for wearing glasses, etc. (the subconscious mind at work). The subconscious mind is physically and mentally sabotaging the process. It does this to reassure itself that false beliefs or tapes are right. When the subconscious mind instantly drops a tape you will know it. There will be no doubt in your mind that it has happened. It will be like a big emotional burden has been lifted off of your shoulders and you will at that moment know what the tape was. I don't really try to figure out what the tape is in advance I just practice my vision games and let the subconscious mind throw it's fit and when the time is ready the subconscious will tell me. You can't really know what the tape is consciously before that because it's running in the subconscious. We don't consciously know what the belief is yet, but we know it's there because reality, or our vision, is reflecting it. It's also important after you go through your "tape release" or "a-ha" moment that the mind is able to fully experience the joy of releasing that false belief and then the system is set up again until all of the tapes are removed. When all of the tapes are removed you have perfect vision. It may sound hard or complicated but it's not. It's actually really easy once you understand how the laws of emotional healing work. If anyone is interested in having me explain the steps I can do that or maybe I could write a post on it. You can also take it a step further and apply it to other areas of your life as well, like depression, fears, etc. One last thing that I wanted to add is that I'm still learning a lot of this so some of it might get changed around a bit over time as I learn more but the basic principles are the same.

No comments: